I’ve lost more than 65 lbs in 16 months. I exercise a lot–mostly hiking, dancing, and lifting weights. I also diet. Here are the things I do when I diet.
- Put off carbs til evening. I have sugar in my coffee/tea, but little bread.
- Eat more protein/fat. Eggs, cheese, sausage, bacon, steak, hamburgers (no buns), nuts.
- I have a sweet tooth, so I switch bread for dessert in the evening.
- Avoid grains, especially wheat. I have some grains, but not a lot. Not sure why it works, but it does.
- Work major muscle groups early in the day to ramp up the metabolism. Keep it stoked with periodic exercise of the major groups.
- Eat nuts (I like Smokehouse almonds) and rice snacks when snacking. I’ll eat beef jerky for a snack or supplemental protein with a meal.
- Drink lots of green tea and water. Decaf if desired.
- Double your normal amount of vegetables. They will suppress your appetite better than sweets. Two servings for lunch and dinner each. I drink V8 juice sometimes for vegetables.
- Avoid soft drinks.
- Use half the amount of sugar and instead use saccharin to cut down on cals in beverages like coffee and tea, while maintaining sweetness.
- If you get a carb craving, it might be that you need water. Try drinking water to see if your carb craving goes away. Your liver will probably be extra active metabolizing poisons that were stored in your fat. Your kidneys could use the extra water to help flush out the liver’s products.